[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 22 13:16:15 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

Robin Becker has been making great progress lately. The py33 branch
on BitBucket is now able to generate its own manual, with all the C
extensions compiled.

There is still a fair way to go until we have a passing test suite.
We then have further still until we can cleanly run the same code base
on 2.7/3.3. And even that is only a start to the internal cleanups
and rearrangements we would like to make. But it's still a big
milestone.

Sadly the rest of the team is drowning in commercial projects and too
busy to help Robin much. So if anyone out there is interested and
waiting for this, and might be able to help out with some code review
or help in the next few weeks, it would be much appreciated...

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director