[reportlab-users] Adjusting flowable position

Elver Loho elver.loho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 12:25:20 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a quite specific problem. I'm generating various
reports, which all need a signature. In the interest of expediency,
the client wants to have his signature affixed automatically and for
that purpose I have been provided a transparent PNG of his signature.
The problem is, however, that for a signature to look "natural", it
should slightly overlap the line below it.

While ReportLab provides magnificent functionality for putting an
image, such as a signature, in a table and underlining the specific
cell, I am unable to find any sort of functionality, which would
accomplish what I wish to do.

The normal approaches to solving this issue have been unfruitful. I am
unable to find any functionality to tweak a flowable's z-order and
position following its placement, nor any support for getting a
flowable's position post-placement, so as to draw the signature on top
of a placeholder, with slightly tweaked coordinates. However, my
experience with ReportLab has been brief and it is likely I've missed
some obvious functionality.

Has anyone faced a similar problem? How did you go about solving it?

Best,
Elver

elver.loho at gmail.com
+372 5661 6933