[reportlab-users] Shift Table to Top of Page

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu May 16 03:24:41 EDT 2013

This sounds good. Anyone is welcome to try this and report back -
we're a bit busy this month.

I would very much like to update the framework to be pure 1.7 output,
at which point one would hope this will work, but that's a significant
effort in itself.

- Andy

On 16 May 2013 07:58, Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen at t-p.com> wrote:

> The PDF specification 1.7 states on page 364 in "Table 150 - Entries in

> a viewer preferences dictionary":

> """

> Key: PrintScaling

> Type: name

> Value: (Optional; PDF 1.6) The page scaling option that shall be

> selected when a print dialog is displayed for this document. Valid

> values are None, which indicates no page scaling, and AppDefault, which

> indicates the conforming reader's default print scaling.

> Default value: AppDefault

> If the print dialog is suppressed ..., this entry nevertheless shall be

> honored.

> """

> I never tested this myself, but probably you should give it a try.

> Maybe it even works for PDF 1.4?

> HTH

> Henning

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420