[reportlab-users] From intra-paragraph images to drawings?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon May 13 17:12:21 EDT 2013

Andy Robinson:

> HTML rendering is a tough call. We don't have a CSS-like box model in

> there. Our general experience is that the more you copy HTML, the more

> people get irked by the inevitable slight differences and think it's

> broken. Probably the right thing to do is start again.

Yes, I can remember that argument. Apparently, it doesn't seem to stop
others from trying, my most recent finding being weasyprint.org.

BTW, it's interesting to see how CSS usage among webdesigners is mor-
phing slowly (via tools like Sass for Sassy CSS, or short SCSS, see
sass-lang.com) into something more programming language-like, with
variables, functions, mixins, nesting, etc. These guys seem to move
into the right direction.

Regards,

Dinu