[reportlab-users] Moving to Bitbucket, and development roadmap..

Tony Meyer tony at spamexperts.com
Tue Mar 26 01:33:55 EDT 2013

> So, I am suggesting that we just silently skip tests which do not

> apply (extensions, loading image from URL with lack of net access).

> The user will get warm fuzzy feelings from the line of dots. But if

> they install, run the tests and something is wrong, it will do its

> job.

Rather than silently, could you use the (standard lib 2.7+) test skipping functionality? The skipIf/skipUnless decorators can have a method call as the first parameter, so you can presumably have (e.g.) "has_extensions()", "has_net_access()" helpers easily enough (alternatively you can use unittest.skip() in the test itself). This way, you get an explanation of why the test was skipped when you run in verbose mode.

Cheers,
Tony