[reportlab-users] Support for Pillow? (Was: Moving to Bitbucket, and development roadmap..)

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Mar 19 05:40:04 EDT 2013

Andy Robinson wrote:

> This is likely to be quickly followed by a minor release 2.7, with an

> accumulation of small changes and bug fixes. 2.7 has a certain

> symmetry with Python's own version numbers, so our plan is to make

> this the last release before some bigger rearrangements.

> Afterwards, we hope to 'pull the ladder up' and require Python 2.7 or

> higher, and focus on a substantial cleanup and modernisation of the

> code in the next few months, leading to a 2.7/3.3-compatible branch.

Is there a chance to move away from PIL to Pillow with such a release?
Or is the code already Pillow-ready?

Support for PIL from big Linux distributions seems to fade away, as
they have a viable alternative with Pillow. See this recent article
by Alex Clark: http://aclark.net/blog/2013/03/15/the-story-of-pillow

Regards,

Dinu