[reportlab-users] Moving to Bitbucket, and development roadmap..

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Mar 18 07:52:50 EDT 2013

Hi Nakagami,

we were pointed to your port by the debian team. I have used it to create a
mostly working reportlab with Python 3.3, but based on a later start point.

I don't believe Andy has exactly decided on the road map for our python 3
approach or whether we will try to keep 2.x compatibility. I have made some
progress in porting the accelerator code to python3, but we are also thinking to
change the base technology for things like xml parsing so that may be less of an
issue.

Even if we don't end up using all of your work it was extremely useful. I had
previously tried two different python 3 ports without much success.