[reportlab-users] Moving to Bitbucket, and development roadmap..

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Mar 8 12:14:14 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

We are in the process of moving our open source code to Mercurial,
hosted by Bitbucket.

The export seems to have gone well and there is a source tree up there now on..

https://bitbucket.org/rptlab/reportlab/

This should be considered experimental for the next few days. Once
we're happy, I'll re-post to this list. Anyone pulling from
subversion will have to change over. We can then start to use the
tracker and wiki.

This is likely to be quickly followed by a minor release 2.7, with an
accumulation of small changes and bug fixes. 2.7 has a certain
symmetry with Python's own version numbers, so our plan is to make
this the last release before some bigger rearrangements.

Afterwards, we hope to 'pull the ladder up' and require Python 2.7 or
higher, and focus on a substantial cleanup and modernisation of the
code in the next few months, leading to a 2.7/3.3-compatible branch.

I will be posting more on this next week.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director