[reportlab-users] RTL Support

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 19 10:35:37 EDT 2013

That's good to know!

However, the 'drawString' case is easy. We're just reversing a string. It
would get harder if you needed RTL support inside wrapping paragraphs, with
variations of font and formatting, and with 'English inside Arabic inside
English'. I'm hoping simple strings will work for you ;-)

On 19 June 2013 15:32, Marek Caltik <marek.caltik at geomodel.eu> wrote:

> There are on the SO page some promising posts, like this:

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8222517/use-of-arabic-rtl-in-reportlab,

> ending with "...works perfectly !", so there is a light in the dark - it

> must be some workaround... :-)

> Marek

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM, J. R. Carroll <jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net>wrote:

>> Hi Marek,

>> I posted an additional response on the SO page (and before I posted here,

>> I did see your additional photo) - Nascent_Notes =P. Not sure if you saw

>> my most recent message, but it looks like RTL is not supported by ReportLab

>> at this time (still waiting for confirmation)

>> http://www.reportlab.com/software/dev/ .

>> Good luck! Hopefully someone here can assist.

>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Marek Caltik <marek.caltik at geomodel.eu>wrote:

>>> problem is evident. I'm using the latest version of reportlab, maybe I

>>> missed something to make it RTL enabled...

>> ----

>> J. R. Carroll

>> Independent Researcher through Hurtz Labs

>> Research Methods, Test Development, and Statistics

>> www.jrcresearch.net

>> www.ontvp.com

>> Cell: (650) 776-6613

>> Email: jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net

>> jrcarroll at hurtzlab.com

>> jrc.csus at gmail.com

>> <https://www.facebook.com/J.R.Car> <https://twitter.com/jNammer><http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrcarroll>

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420