[reportlab-users] Database reporting

Werner F. Bruhin werner.bruhin at free.fr
Sun Jun 2 02:31:21 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,

On 02/06/2013 05:54, Paul McNett wrote:

> On 6/1/13 9:49 AM, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:

>> It seems to have a similar issue I have with PythonReports that an element (in

>> Geraldo a "child_bands" containing a ReportBand) does not span across multiple pages.

> Dabo's report writer handles long text spanning to multiple pages. It also has a

> designer that gets you most if not all of the way there.

I am aware of it but had the impression that it expects a Dabo bisobj,
could I use it with using SQLAlchemy to access my database? I.e. feed it
a SQLAlchemy query and access relations to get at columns?

e.g.:
result = session.query(db.Winerack)

for r in result:
print r.name
for u in r.wineracku:
print u.description
for b in u.winerackb:
print b.description, b.binno
for i in b.winerackit:
print i.subbinno
if i.bottag:
print i.bottag[0].cellarbook.drinkinfo.name

the "for" loops would be groups and the last one would be the detail
level which might need one or more lines. In some of the reports the
"more lines" would be large text blob column which is the one which
might need to span over multiple pages.

Werner