[reportlab-users] BarChart - small value bar not displaying

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jul 5 07:26:06 EDT 2013

On 05/07/2013 11:41, Alberto Cabello Sánchez wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 10:58:44AM +0100, Patrick Craston wrote:

>> Hi reportlab users

>> I've encountered a problem when displaying a HorizontalBarChart (same issue

>> for 3D and 2D versions).

>> My data is [16, 43, 12, 1]

>> When I plot the chart it does not display the bar for the item with value 1.

>> See here: http://i.troll.ws/0c6877f6.png

>> This is obviously a scaling issue but shouldn't it at least display a narrow

>> bar for that value (especially in the 3D version)?

> Actually, it is a range issue, not a scaling one.

> Vertical axis is placed where X=1 shoud be displayed, this is why that bar

> is not displayed.

Looking at the chart it's not clear exactly what the bottom value is, but I
guess you're right and it is 1. If you add rangeRound = 'low' or forceZero
attributes at the relevant place then the chart would look better. However, our
recent project involved actual scaling where the height was so small it was
drawn, but not visible. That problem's what the minDimen thing was aimed at.