[reportlab-users] TTF-Font Support

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Jan 24 06:56:15 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:12:37AM +0100, Tom Py wrote:

> Hi Tim,

> thats the code:

> import os

> from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics

> from reportlab.pdfbase.ttfonts import TTFont

> from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas

> from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import A4, landscape

> actFolder = os.getcwd() + os.sep

> fontFile = 'futural.ttf'

> fontName = 'FuturaBT-Light'

> pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont(fontName, actFolder + fontFile))

> myCanvas = canvas.Canvas("test.pdf", pagesize = landscape(A4))

> myCanvas.setFont(fontName, 10.)

> myCanvas.drawCentredString(100, 100, 'Hello World')

> myCanvas.showPage()

> myCanvas.save()

> #myCanvas.getpdfdata()

> In this case, everything works fine. But when I use

> 'myCanvas.getpdfdata()', I'll get this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> ValueError: redefining named object: 'toUnicodeCMap:AAAAAA+FuturaBT-Light'

I can reproduce this if (and only if) I call both myCanvas.save() and
then myCanvas.getpdfdata().

I can also reproduce by calling myCanvas.save() twice (which is
pointless). Or by calling myCanvas.getpdfdata() twice.

Marius Gedminas
--
"I may not understand what I'm installing, but that's not my job. I
just need to click Next, Next, Finish here so I can walk to the next