[reportlab-users] Decorative border on page

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Dec 6 12:43:36 EST 2013

This is definitely the smart way to do it. In our commercial
framework we have the pyPDF-like abilities (a page can be treated as
an image). Let designers do their thing, and just fill in the
variable bits yourself (preferably with fonts to match the
designer's...)

On 6 December 2013 17:40, Michael Hipp <michael at redmule.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/2013 12:20 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

>> On Wednesday, December 04, 2013 08:05:04 AM Michael Hipp wrote:

>>> I am designing a pdf that will be a certificate to frame and hang on the

>>> wall. Does anyone have some code to put a decorative border around the

>>> outer edge of the page? Something vaguely like the link below (or even

>>> simpler).

>> I solve these problems by merging PDF pages using pypdf (now PyPDF2).

>> z3c,rml

>> integrates pypdf to support merging pages via RML. (RML2PDF also supports

>> merging pages.)

> Thanks. This is probably what I'll do - just purchase a "frame" from a

> graphic designer and use it as a backdrop.

> Michael

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420