[reportlab-users] How to mix static positioning and flowables

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Aug 19 05:39:17 EDT 2013

Mike,

flowables determine their height width etc etc in the wrap function and then a
framelike object is supposed to position the flowable in a top down fashion.
That means we have to adjust the y location based on the height of the flowable
see reportlab/platypus/frames.py near line 166

y -= h

effectively moves the draw location down the frame by the required height.

Our coordinates are standard y increases upwards, but page layout is like TV.