[reportlab-users] How to mix static positioning and flowables

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Wed Aug 7 11:20:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a project where I'm basically creating a document where the top half
has to be positioned exactly and the second half is a table that can run
multiple pages. I was doing the static part using Reportlab's canvas
object, but I can't figure out how to make the table split across multiple
pages if it gets too long.

All the resources I've found so far recommend using a Template like
BaseDocTemplate, but I don't see any way to use that to mix the static
content and the dynamic content on one page.

I have attached what I've come up with so far, but the table obviously
doesn't split. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Driscoll

Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org