[reportlab-users] How to truncate a paragraph

Sascha Boch sascha.boch at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 02:30:35 EDT 2012

Dear list,

I need to create a document that has limited vertical space available for a paragraph of text. The content that the paragraph contains is entered by the users of the application and can be of any length. The problem is that I cannot find a way to display the text so that it is displayed in the available space. The part of the text that would not fit into the available space can be truncated.

When I use the Paragrah object, it always shows all of the text. Table and Frame have a height attribute but that does not seem to do it's job for me either.

Any idea what I can do to display a multi-line paragraph of text with a finite height attribute?

Thanks & regards,
Sascha