[reportlab-users] GAE support

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Oct 8 03:43:55 EDT 2012

On 8 October 2012 06:57, Henrik Genssen <henrik.genssen at mediafactory.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> is reportlab and reportlab plus fully supported on google app engine?

No it isn't, I'm sorry. For good performance one needs our _rl_accel
C extension module in both packages, and the pyRXP C-based parser in
ReportLab PLUS, and GAE doesn't let us compile C code. We also
don't have much experience with it ourselves.

If you know your way around GAE and are interested in spending a
little time trying to get them running, we would be delighted to
assist, and to provide a copy of ReportLab PLUS with an "extended free
trial", as long as we can keep and share the notes!

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director