[reportlab-users] Custom Flowables - Can't get shapes.Drawing() to paint to the story/canvas

J. R. Carroll jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
Thu Nov 29 23:30:24 EST 2012

Well, the issue of making a flowable from Drawing never came to fruition,
but I'll tackle it later. Until then I wrestled the script into submission.

It's freely available to anyone who might make use of it - the script.zip
also has a sample PDF of what it generates. If new colors are added or you
want to create a new PDF you can just rerun the script itself; I'm sure
others have created similar solutions, or this was an odd way of
approaching the problem of the printer/pdf grid lines, but it was a really
fun side-project that allowed me to learn some additional ReportLab
features!

But our company will be using this PDF/script to look/debug printers in the
future. Our intent is to look at the grayscale, color, and on-the-screen
PDF to decide which colors will work for our purposes.

I'll respond to my other thread, so at least it gets documented - this
is regarding the printing issue with the strip chart (where it was printing
some grid lines and not others) as I have my final conclusions on the
entire mess.

If anyone has solutions on how to optimize it I'm all ears - I'm new to
reportlab so I'd love to hear some feedback.

You can download the script from here:
http://www.jrcresearch.net/downloads/scripts.zip

Thanks again for your help Tim!

-J

----

J. R. Carroll
Independent Researcher through Hurtz Labs
Research Methods, Test Development, and Statistics
www.jrcresearch.net
Cell: (650) 776-6613
Email: jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
jrcarroll at hurtzlab.com