[reportlab-users] Unable to install with python 2.7.3

Moretti Sébastien sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Thu Nov 29 08:19:05 EST 2012

> Sébastien,

> I think you are missing some/all of the C extensions. I'm not exactly

> sure how you installed, but presumably at least _renderPM.so is missing

> which causes most if not all of the graphics stuff to fail.

Everything listed as required is installed on my system.

I tried with
python ./setup.py install --root test
python setup.py tests
or with
python ./setup.py build
python setup.py tests

_renderPM.so looks to be created properly in
reportlab-2.6/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/_renderPM.so

> If you try to install with the system python you'll normally need to use

> sudo to make setup.py install work properly.

No need of sudo with --root ?

--
Sébastien Moretti