[reportlab-users] Drawing a remote Image from a URL without writing to disk

Damian Moore damian at epixstudios.co.uk
Wed May 30 09:41:29 EDT 2012

Hi ReportLabbers,

Hope you are all doing well. I'm having a little trouble trying to do
something in ReportLab and not sure if it's possible.

I'm trying to download a remote image (a google map) and add it to a
Drawing without writing to disk. I've tried using StringIO but the Image
class in reportlab.graphics.shapes only seems to accept a file path. I'm
using a Drawing as I need to do something fancy with layout.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Damian