[reportlab-users] Filling paragraphs

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sat Jun 9 04:52:54 EDT 2012

That is an interesting one. We are hoping to have a bit of a sprint in
July or August to get a new release out, we need a very similar feature for
paragraphs in tables of contents, where there is often a line of dots
running across to the numbers. We will attempt to add this in the trunk as
soon as we get a quiet day - hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Does anyone have any thoughts on options or variations? TOCs usually use
dots and this is hyphens, so I guess the "padding character" and spacing
might need to be adjustable.

Andy

On Friday, June 8, 2012, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> I just had a request from a user who is writing legal documents about an

> unusual feature. If a paragraph has empty space in the last line, it has to

> be filled with dashes so noone can add things to it.

> So, if looks like this.---------------------(**EOL)

> I am stumped about how this could be implemented, maybe you guys have any

> ideas? :-)

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420