[reportlab-users] bookmarks and links

Justin Shepard jshepdev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:43:20 EDT 2012

Does anyone have a working example of adding bookmarks and links to a pdf?

I am creating and combining multiple pdfs. So what I need to do is add a
bookmark to the final version following the append. I know the page number
that I need to bookmark, and I've tried canvas.bookmarkPage(name). The
problem is that I'm not building the page in a canvas I'm appending it to a
different file. I'm thinking that there might be a way to setup a def
to grab the target file as a secondary canvas and pass the page number to
bookmark and the name to use; but I don't know how to set that up.

Once everything is bookmarked I would also like to add links to my index.
The index uses data table and shows the page number. I don't see how to
make text link to a specific page number though.

Thanks.
Justin