[reportlab-users] PDF Report size too large

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Jan 23 14:33:04 EST 2012

Asif Jamadar wrote:

> Dear All,

> I’m using Reportlab tool to generate dynamic PDF. The generated PDF

> consist of 1 or 2 pages but the size this PDF reached to 5 MB. How can

> I decrease the size of the generate PDF.

> I want to decrease the size to max 500 KB. IS there any way to

> accomplish this thing in reportlab?

That's an odd request. What kind of data are you shoving in? If you
have 5 MB worth of information, then there's no magical way to reduce
the size. Are there a lot of images in the data? Are you trimming the
images to the actual size you need before embedding them? Do you have a
ridiculously high dots-per-inch value in your images?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.