[reportlab-users] How to change Table cell font size

Brenda J. Butler bjb at credil.org
Thu Feb 16 11:55:46 EST 2012

On 02/16/2012 11:46 AM, Mike Driscoll wrote:

> Hi,

> How do I apply a smaller font size to the cells in a Table object? I've tried passing a dict to the cellStyle parameter and a CellStyle object to it, but I either get invalid index error or syntax errors. I can't find an example anywhere about that. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

> Mike Driscoll

I was just working with tables the other day, here's an example (hope it helps). I'm not sure which of the
imports you need for this but included all my imports so you can see what they are.

from reportlab.platypus import *
from reportlab.lib.styles import getSampleStyleSheet, ParagraphStyle
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter
from reportlab.lib import colors
from reportlab.rl_config import defaultPageSize
from reportlab.lib.units import inch

tt = Table (inv_summary_table,
colWidths = [50, 50, 40, 50, 150])

tt.setStyle (TableStyle ([
('BACKGROUND', (0, 0), (-1, -1), colors.lightgrey),
('FONTSIZE', (0, 1), (-1, 1), 14),
('FONTSIZE', (0, 4), (-1, 4), 14),
('TEXTFONT', (0, 1), (-1, 1), 'Times-Bold'),
('TEXTFONT', (0, 4), (-1, 4), 'Times-Bold'),
('ALIGNMENT', (1, 2), (1, 3), 'DECIMAL'), # hours c1 l1,2
('ALIGNMENT', (3, 2), (3, 3), 'DECIMAL'), # rate c3 l1,2
('ALIGNMENT', (4, 2), (4, 3), 'DECIMAL'), # amts c4 l1,2
('ALIGNMENT', (4, 4), (4, 4), 'DECIMAL'), # total amt, c4 l3
('SPAN', (0, 1), (4, 1)),
('SPAN', (2, 4), (3, 4)),
('RIGHTPADDING', (2, 2), (-1, -1), 20),
]))

I found examples of this in the reportlab documentation in the tables chapter. It's a pdf file, can be downloaded from
http://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/
first link under "Reportlab Toolkit" page.

--
}{ Centre for Research and Experimental Development in Informatics Libre

Brenda J. Butler
bjb at credil.org
+1 613 693 0684 #3202
F3018 - 283 Alexandre Taché
Gatineau (QC) J9A 1L8 CANADA
Sustainable Innovation // Innovation Durable