[reportlab-users] KeepTogether vs KeepOnPage

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Sep 20 20:07:48 EDT 2011

On 9/19/2011 3:23 AM, Robin Becker wrote:

> On 18/09/2011 07:15, Glenn Linderman wrote:

>> So I find a flowable KeepTogether, which keeps stuff together in one

>> frame. But

>> my need for for something that keeps stuff together on one page, even

>> if it

>> splits across flowables.

>> Does anyone have a solution for that? Were I to write one, I'd call it

>> KeepOnPage, I guess.

> there is something called KeepInFrame which will

> truncate/overflow/squash stuff into a single frame using various

> heuristics, but if multiple frames are involved that will require

> something more complicated.

Thanks for the response, Robin. Saw your reference to KeepInFrame in
another thread while researching this... but I guess I didn't make my
problem statement clear enough, as it is supposed to be different.

What I'm looking for is something that will take a block of flowables
(like KeepTogether does) and force a frame break if they would break
across a page boundary, but not force a frame break if they would only
cross a frame boundary within a page.

And actually, the frosting on top would be if it only forced a frame
break if it crossed the boundary from an odd page to an even page (the
page turn boundary).