[reportlab-users] Dynamic page sizes

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Oct 17 13:30:37 EDT 2011

I publish poetry in PDF format, because friends with iOS devices and
iBooks software have informed me that the PDF format is great for use
with iBooks... each page can contain one poem, and double-tapping the
screen causes iBooks to "zoom to width" of the text, presenting a nice,
screen-filling, vertically-scrolling-if-needed page containing the poem
at the largest font size that avoids line breaks.

I generate the PDF files using 8.5x11 paper size, and 10 point font.

The question: How could I generate the PDF file with variant page sizes
(widths primarily, but possibly height as well), such that each poem
would have a page size that just fits the poem? I speculate this would
avoid the need for the double-tap when viewing on iOS devices.

Glenn