[reportlab-users] pyRXP - strange non-deterministic errors on python 2.7 and 64-bit Linux

Roger Whittaker roger at disruptive.org.uk
Wed May 18 17:27:10 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:07:30PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> Roger,

> I have applied a fix for this which should appear in the daily build

> tomorrow. Please check to see if this fixes the issue. Thanks for the

> bug report and to Tim for assistance etc etc. I have checked the latest

> rxp 1.5 and since we're on 1.4+ I will try and get that into the code

> as time permits.

Thank you very much indeed for this. I'll test tomorrow.

When I first encountered this problem I thought something terrible
had happened to my filesystem: then when I saw that was not the
case, I thought I was going mad...

One question I have is why this appeared so late in the day - I
have been using pyRXP regularly on 64-bit Linux for several years,
but this problem has only emerged with the latest Linux versions.

--
Roger Whittaker
roger at disruptive.org.uk
http://disruptive.org.uk