[reportlab-users] Help with strange pdf report output - %PDF-1.4 %���� ReportLab Generated PDF..

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue May 10 04:21:27 EDT 2011

On 10 May 2011 08:40, Target Live Support <targetlvspprt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I am getting this strange output when openning a report from a python

> program which i cant make any sense out of. Done a lot of googling but

> found no solution. Any help will be very much appreciated. Many thanks

> in advance.

You're looking at the insides of a PDF file. Maybe your script is
writing it to standard output, and it needs to be piped into a file
ending in '.pdf' and then opened in Adobe Reader!

Alternatively if you are seeing it in a web browser, somebody may have
generated the PDF correctly but not sent the right headers, so that
the browser displays it as text.

Hope this helps,

--
Andy Robinson