[reportlab-users] Embed PDF in Reportlab

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri May 6 14:14:55 EDT 2011

Is it possible to embed a PDF file as a background in a Reportlab generated PDF file. I have a PDF file of a form that I would like to fill in with data from my application. This is not necessarily a PDF form. What I would like to do is use the PDF file as the background, then I would measure out the locations of the various fields and print data on the canvas at those locations.

As an alternative, is there an automatic way to convert a PDF file into Reportlab drawing commands?

Thanks,
Mark