[reportlab-users] Problem in the chart display code

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Jun 7 03:34:12 EDT 2011

On 7 June 2011 00:37, Soumya Mishra <mishras at vmware.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am writing this simple code to display a chart in pdf and other formats

> while collecting data to be displayed from mysql data database.

> The code is running w/o errors but yet the files are not generated. Please

> help.

I'm happy to see you're evaluating Diagra - if you need any more help
feel free to ask, or contact us on enquiries at reportlab.com if you
don't want to chat on a public list.

It runs for me (after changing the password!) and produces a
subdirectory called 'output', with 3 charts called pleaserun.eps,
pleaserun.gif, pleaserun.pdf. But normally fileNamePattern would
have a '%s' or '%03d' or something in it, so that the chart ID can be
substituted in to get multiple filenames. Your current code will be
creating a file "pleaserun.pdf" repeatedly. If you set
self.fileNamePattern = 'pleaserun%03d'
...you'll get lots of numbered charts.

Try "python mychart.py --verbose" - the output shows where it is
putting the charts and what it is calling them.

Best Regards,
--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director