[reportlab-users] Vertical text in table cell

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 1 08:57:25 EST 2011

On 01/02/2011 13:00, Arkadi Colson wrote:

> Is there a way to detect the height of the paragraph? For example when drawing

> the text over 2 lines it is needed for alignment...

when the wrap is carried out I'm setting

w, h = self.text.wrap(aW,aH)

so the width of the para is w and it's height is w, but because we are rotating
those values are then set into the object's width and height in reverse ie

self.width,self.height = h, w

so if you want the original height of the paragraph in the draw method you need
self.width.