[reportlab-users] Splitting tables across pages and choosing templates accordingly

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso jordigh at octave.org
Wed Dec 21 13:17:36 EST 2011

I want to write a report that has three kinds of pages: a title page,
graph pages, and tables pages. Attached is an example of the kind of
structure I have right now. This works fine if the tables don't need
to be broken across pages. However, when breaking up the tables, I
think I need two different templates for tables, a table_page_cont and
table_page_final because the last page needs some information that the
intermediate table pages don't.

So my question is, is there a way to know if I need a new page because
a table needs to be broken up? Then I would call
doc.handle_nextPageTemplate with diffferent arguments if I could know
if I'm done with the table or not. In case the table doesn't need to
be broken up at all, this could also be useful.

tl;dr: Is there a way I can know how a table will be broken up so that
I can choose the appropriate page templates?

TIA,
- Jordi G. H.