[reportlab-users] Switching between three column and single column on same page

William Hudspeth, Ph.D. bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:23:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am returning to a problem I was attempting to solve last April, namely
presenting a narrow table on a page such that it wraps across three
columns. I find that when a call a three column page template in the
middle of a full width page, the columns don't occur until the following
page. I would like to be able to switch between full width and three
columns on the same page. I am also wondering how I go about repeating
the field headers at the top of each column. There are more problems
ahead, including how to assess whether there is enough room on the page
to actually fit the entire table, or whether I can continue the columns
onto the next page, but these can be addressed later. For the moment,
however, I need to be able to switch between full width and three column
layouts within the same page.

Thanks much for any feedback,

Bill