[reportlab-users] Report for multiple objects

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Aug 23 12:24:13 EDT 2011

Asif Jamadar wrote:

> I'm trying to implement custom action in django admin page. When user selects multiple objects from admin page and click on the custom action, that should generate report for each selected object.

> Suppose user select 4 objects from the admin page, then the custom action should generate 4 reports.

One web request can only produce one response. That's not a ReportLab
or a PDF restriction, that's a fundamental HTTP concept.

As I see it, you have two choices. One, you could produce the four
reports sequentially, combined into one single PDF file. Two, you can
build a second web page that basically says "here are your 4 reports,
click on them one at a time to download them."

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.