[reportlab-users] Difference between Table and LongTable

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Aug 3 12:51:01 EDT 2011

On 03/08/2011 17:02, Félix Labrecque wrote:

> I have recently upgraded from the open source reportlab 2.4 to version 2.5

> correct my code or find the bug in reportlab and correct it.

> If seems that longTableOptimize force the tables.py/_calc() function to only use

> 1 line, instead of 6, because when I display the pdf, I can only see 1 line with

> longTableOptimize set to on.

I'll take a look at the code tomorrow, but the original intent of LongTable was
to avoid repeatedly scanning the whole table to determine widths/heights when
the table splits repeatedly. The idea is to use the widths from the first page
to determine the column widths for the whole table; it won't work well if the
first page is not representative of the whole table.