[reportlab-users] Multipage tables

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 30 09:58:29 EDT 2010

On 30/09/2010 02:29, Juan Efren Castillo wrote:

> I have a dynamically generated table how ever when the number of rows is

> big, they just got printed outside my canvas, how can I print these rows in

> other page ?

> Thanks in advance. :)

you don't say exactly how you're drawing the table. Since Tables are Flowables
the doctemplate classes handle them properly. If you're trying to draw them
directly onto a canvas then you need to emulate the way that the doctemplate
does it when the flowables are added to a frame.

table.wrap(availableWidth,availableHeight) --> requiredWidth, requiredHeight

table.split(availableWidth,availableHeight) --> list of flowables, the first of
which is supposed to fit into the available space.