[reportlab-users] Flowable to create floating text boxes

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Sun Sep 26 11:19:04 EDT 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010 11:33:17 Sebastian Ware wrote:

> Much appreciated if I could get some input on this.

> Mvh Sebastian

> 19 aug 2010 kl. 15.43 skrev Sebastian Ware:

> > I am trying to create a floating text box that flows with text. Basically

> > the equivalent of <div style="float: right">. Is there such a flowable

> > available or can I get something pointers on how to create one.

I tried to do something like this in rst2pdf and:

1) It was very hard
2) It never looked right

I did it by chopping the page's frames and saving space for the "floating"
flowable. That means the frame needs to break itself up and all kinds of weird
things happen.

Of course if you figure out how to do it, I'd love to know :-)