[reportlab-users] reportlab windows eggs

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:04:42 EDT 2010

Hello Andy,

AR> Yes, we started looking at this earlier in the week and set up a win64
AR> VM, but the guy handling it has been off sick for a couple of days.
AR> Can you be specific about the Windows version and the Python version
AR> you are using?

It's going to be various Windows server versions, 2008, 2008 R2.
Tho binary eggs should be cross-version compatible AFAIK.
All with python 2.6. It's a ZTK (Zope ToolKit) based webapp.

To offer you some help with the subject, I'm (or rather my bot is)
compiling binary eggs for ZTK.
That's happening on a win 2003 64 bit VM, sofar no issues.
A rumour is that python 2.5 64 bit on windows is severely broken, so
we also do not provide binaries for that.
It should be possible to do cross-compilation, that means you can do
the eggs on a win32 PC. We went for a 64 bit VM to be able to run the
tests too on a win64 environment.

This could be useful to do a configurable script for you:
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.wineggbuilder/trunk

Some hints on configuring a build environment:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/winbotsetup.html

Feel free to ask me if you run into problems.

--
Best regards,
Adam GROSZER mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
And I smiled to think God's greatness flowed around our incompleteness; Round our restlessness, His rest.