[reportlab-users] reportlab windows eggs

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 23 09:15:32 EDT 2010

On 23 September 2010 13:31, Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> Is there any chance to provide windows binary eggs for reportlab on

> pypi? With zc.buildout 1.5 with full site-packages isolation it's

> quite hard to get reportlab installed.

We have managed to avoid directly creating eggs so far. We don't use
setuptools, just a regular distutils-style setup script. It seems
that easy_install on Windows is smart enough to get our .exe installer
from pypi and create an egg directory (containing the compiled .pyd
files) under site-packages.

I guess we'd better learn a little more about zc.buildout too...

- Andy

--
Andy Robinson