[reportlab-users] Consuming two frames with a Paragraph

Federico Fanton federico at panizzolo.it
Mon Sep 20 03:27:37 EDT 2010

Hi everyone!

Let's say I have a PageTemplate with 2 Frames, and that the second Frame
is there only to display an eventual "overflow" of the first one.. I
have a list of Paragraphs to print, and I need to achieve this behaviour:

- if a Paragraph doesn't fit inside Frame A, split it and fill Frame B too.
- if a Paragraph DOES fit inside Frame A, leave Frame B empty (using up
its space).

In both cases, the next Paragraph has to start at Frame A of the next page.

How can I achieve this? Should I write a custom Paragraph that "fakes"
its size and always splits to fill up Frame B?

Many thanks for your time!