[reportlab-users] QR Codes

Germán M. Bravo german.mb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:28:26 EDT 2010

The thing is the problem is not only with QR codes, but regular barcodes as well. And the issue is there in PDF files too, not only GIFs. As soon as you zoom in in a PDF, you start seeing these artifacts there as well.

To make the QR grow or shrink to make even heaps is fairly easy, though the end size will probably vary too much and it would depend on the type of QR encoding version it ends up using (this too varies depending on the amount of data being encoded). So I'm not sure that's the best solution as we would lose control of the exact dimensions of the QR code.

Germán