[reportlab-users] Fwd: Reportlab and IronPython

Benoit Dupraz dupraz.benoit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:41:50 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm a french beginner dev and I would like to use Reporlab under IronPython
I'm using Reportlab 2.4 for Python 2.6 and IronPython 2.6.
I've done a basic installation of reportlab (with .exe) as it is explain on
this page <https://www.reportlab.com/software/installation/> (Prerequisites
too..) : https://www.reportlab.com/software/installation/
In order to use Reportlab with IronPython, I'm using ironclad (2.6 or 2.6
.NET 4.0 Experimental, both have same errors)
If I try to run this code :

# -*- coding:Latin-1 -*-
import ironclad
import sys
sys.path.append('C:\\Python26\\DLLs')
sys.path.append('C:\\Python26\\Lib')
sys.path.append('C:\\Python26\\Lib\\site-packages')
import pyRXP

import zlib
import reportlab
from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
c = canvas.Canvas('test.pdf')
c.drawString(100,750, "qwertzuiop".encode('ascii'))
c.save()

Here are the errors : see this
link<http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8739/errora.jpg>
.
Does anyone a solution to my problem ? I've been searching on the net and I
read many times that it should works (maybe is there a better way than using
ironclad...)
I've been reading
this<http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2009-August/008694.html>
on
this subject but I'm still not able to solve my problem.

Thank you, and I hope somone's going to solve it !

Benoit Dupraz
+41 (0)78 909 05 94