[reportlab-users] Installer needs a bit of help on 64 bit Windows Server

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Sep 10 11:51:59 EDT 2010

On 10/09/2010 16:35, Paul Keating wrote:

> Don't think so. Unless you want to have both 32-bit and 64-bit Python on the same machine (which I would say was just asking for trouble).

They can't then both live in C:\Python2x. But aside from that, everything
underneath is in Lib\site-packages or in DLLs.
I think you've been lucky in that the 32bit version will work in a 64bit
environment, but I suspect you cannot import the 32 bit pyds; luckily reportlab
will run without, but slower and without support from PIL and renderPM style
drawing.