[reportlab-users] QR Codes

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Sep 3 10:40:59 EDT 2010

On 3 September 2010 13:40, "Germán M. Bravo" <german.mb at gmail.com> wrote:

> After checking the barcodes issue about strokes (check my other posts), I wanted to print those newly popular little things called QR codes using ReportLab, but it doesn't have them. Neither does it have any kind of 2D barcodes at all... some would be nice.

I didn't know anything about QR codes until your email, but they sound
to be important. We had previously looked into DataMatrix and PDF417
barcodes, but no paying customers have demanded them and we didn't
have running Python code to study for those two. This looks fun - I
downloaded a reader for my iPhone so at least can test them.

> I spoke with the author of the library, an he told me there's no problem at all about relicensing his code under a BSD license (currently he had it GPL) so it makes it way in ReportLab's official code and he even seemed eager to help during the process.

> So what do you think? what are the steps to get the ball rolling?

Are you volunteering? That will certainly help ;-)
I'll try to take a look at the code later and make some suggestions on
how it could fit into our graphics framework.

- Andy