[reportlab-users] About a bug with rects using round corners in RML

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 2 16:57:51 EDT 2010

On 2 September 2010 19:37, Germán M. Bravo <german.mb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm adding bellow a .rml file that doesn't work with rounded corners.

> In my testings, the rect with rounded corners doesn't get the proper

> dimensions.

Thanks for the detailed report. I have just checked in a fix; new
daily builds should be available in about 6 hours time.

Internally we had some code like this:
if round:
canv.roundRect(x,y,x+width,y+height,round,
fill=fill,stroke=stroke)
else:
canv.rect(x,y,width,height,fill=fill,stroke=stroke)

Thus for the roundRect, we were making it wider by x and taller by y.
Our own tests must have been drawing these at the origin and I guess
you were the first person to use this tag!

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect