[reportlab-users] PDf compatibility with standard (PDF/A and PDF/X)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed May 19 08:45:22 EDT 2010

On 17 May 2010 18:10, Andrea Cappelli <a.cappelli at asidev.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I would know if with Reportlab (community or commercial version) is

> possible to produce pdf compatible with the format PDF/A (ISO

> 19005-1:2005) or PDF/X (ISO 15930-6:2003)

Andrea, I'm sorry about the delay replying.

At the moment there is nothing to certify compliance. However, I
believe it is possible to produce PDFs conform with these, depending
on the features you choose to use. You have to follow guidelines
about not mixing colour models, always embedding fonts, and a few
other things.

I am looking into adding a 'compliance check' to our commercial
version for the next release, which will hopefully be in about 2
months. This would warn you when saving the document if you had done
something wrong. If this is of interest it would be good to work with
you (or anyone else here) on print testing. Please email me directly
if this is of interest.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson