[reportlab-users] PDF without embedding fonts

Yuriy Asyutin yasyutin at gmail.com
Fri May 14 05:37:43 EDT 2010

PDF reference documentation didn't help me a lot either, so I tried to
define needed information the same way as you - created a PDF with LifeCycle
with `not embed fonts` option and investigated PDF source. I've attached
file created by LC which contains Cyrillic, but now I see that there is also
additional embedded font source.
Answering your question `I wonder if they work for you, but for a Western
user Acrobat will prompt them to download an extra font pack?`looks like the
encoding I used WinAnsiEncoding does not require to download any font packs
it will substitute with any suitable font. I believe set to the one of the
unicode encodings will do this.

Thanks a lot, I'll try some examples to investigate it more.