[reportlab-users] Table coordinates in drawOn

Sergiu Iordache solidsnakero at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:49:56 EDT 2010

Hello ReportLab community,

I'm working on an application in which I have to know the coordinates
of the elements that are placed in the pdf file. I do this by
overwriting the drawOn method on the flowable.

My problem is that I have a table that is centered(the width of the
table is smaller than the width of the frame) and I would like to know
the exact coordinates of the table(the centered part)

drawOn gets called with the x at the start of the frame and not
coordinates of the centered part.

Is there any way to get the exact x coordinate for this situation
without adding a dummy element in the table and getting the
approximate coords from there?

Thanks a lot,
Sergiu