[reportlab-users] registering font does not work after switching media server

Thomas Kremmel thomasspin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:31:44 EDT 2010

oh you are right.. thats certainly the problem and i just realized that on
the development server I'm loading it from the file system.

My URL that I m using for the production server is absolute, it looks like
this:
http://localhost/my_project/media/fonts/<http://localhost/aeon_infrastructure/media/fonts/>
calibri.ttf

Thus I try to load it from the file system. Actually its my first time
deploying a project on an apache server and I'm kind of confused :D
Now I'm wondering where apache is looking after it when I try to get it from
the file system. Obviously apache does not find the file, since I'm getting
a file not found error:

Tried it like this:
pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Calibri',
'my_project/media/fonts/calibri.ttf'))

or

pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Calibri-Bold',
'media/fonts/calibri-bold.ttf'))

But anyway, thats more a server question, than a reportlab question ;-)

Thanks guys for the prompt help.. and thanks for this amazing library!!