[reportlab-users] registering font does not work after switching media server

Thomas Kremmel thomasspin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:00:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

I m developing a django app using reportlab. Till now I just used the django
development server to serve all media files, including some ttf fonts to be
registered by reportlab. I do it like this:

pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Calibri', settings.MEDIA_URL +
'fonts/calibri.ttf'))

That worked fine till I switched from the django development server to
apache production server. Now I'm getting the error:

TTFError at /accounting/export/do/

Not a TrueType font: version=0x3C21444F

This is strange since it does work with the development server and
using the apache server i get an error from reportlab.. humm. this
error should not be related to the server, but somehow it seems to
be...

ah yes.. The links to the fonts seem to be correct.

Hope to find some help here.

Best regards

Thomas